Aims & Scope
Mission: (Strategy, Design, and Counsel)
1) Attract and retain leading MSK leaders in basic and translational science, clinical translation, commercialization, regulation, patient education and public health into service within ISCT.
2) Guide and catalyze effective ISCT engagement with the world-wide MSK Community.
MSK Committee provides a diverse forum of strategic leaders in the MSK community that guides and enables ISCT to effectively engage and serve the world-wide MSK Community.
MSK Committee extends and projects the ISCT culture of scientific rigor and ethical standards education and patient care in the broad domain of cell and gene therapy targeted for treatment of musculoskeletal disease.
- Participate in the planning of the Roundtable Programs at the ISCT Annual Meeting and ISCT Regional Meetings and the review of submitted abstracts related to orthopedics and musculoskeletal diseases
- Review the status of the MSK field and compile position papers on the relevant scientific issues that must be addressed to advance or enable cellular therapies for musculoskeletal diseases
- Catalyze Strategic Initiatives and Workgroups
- Offer educational opportunities to Early Stage Professionals (ESP) in the MSK field
- Service as needed to ISCT Leadership (e.g. review and commentary)